Chicago fall heralds a season of cozy evenings, warm beverages, and intimate gatherings with friends. An unwelcome chill in the house can cast a pall over a nice time spent with the people you care about. When your furnace operates suboptimally, the specter of cold looms throughout the winter. In such circumstances, the homeowner faces a pivotal decision – the acquisition of a new furnace or the restoration of the existing one. What choice should one make? We earnestly invite you to explore further insights within this discourse.
We Service ALL MAKES & MODELS
Explore our diverse range of additional services, offering solutions to meet all your HVAC needs.
Schedule an appointment
Trusted By Thousands
Screened & Verified
Screened & Verified
Why Choose Us for Your Furnace Replacement?
As winter's embrace draws near, the significance of a proficient heating system within the household cannot be overstated. The installation cost of a furnace currently stands at up to $7,000, contingent upon various influencing factors. The positioning of the furnace may reside in the basement, central chamber, or corridor. Prudent maintenance of the furnace extends its lifespan to approximately a decade. So, when should you actually replace the furnace? We suggest considering the replacement in the following scenarios:
- When the furnace surpasses a service life of 15 years.
- When frigid ambient temperatures pervade the interior.
- When the furnace exhibits signs of corrosion or malfunction.
- Upon the occurrence of unusual and concerning odors.
- In cases where the furnace cycles on and off independently.
For a homeowner, the installation of a furnace is a task of paramount complexity, and shouldn’t be considered as a DIY project. An inadequately executed installation may lead to perilous outcomes, including the presence of carbon monoxide, fire hazards, or compromised heating efficiency. The homeowner must judiciously determine the furnace's placement, in addition to ascertaining precise sizing requirements to harmoniously integrate it into the designated space.
Our Service areas
We provide comprehensive heating and cooling services to homes and businesses in Chicago suburbs, ensuring optimal comfort and efficient climate control solutions.
Furnace Replacement versus Repair
For those who have relied upon their furnace for an extended duration, operational anomalies may surface. This juncture compels a decision – to procure a new furnace or to engage in restorative endeavors. Numerous factors weigh into this crucial determination:
- The age of the furnace: The age of your furnace is a key determinant. Older units often struggle to meet modern efficiency standards, prompting the question of whether investing in a new furnace could provide more cost-effective heating solutions.
- The associated costs of repair: Every homeowner wants to know the price of the repair and compares it to the new furnace installation cost. One of the first questions we hear from our customers is “How much is a furnace replacement?”. Cost is indeed a major factor in the decision-making process. When repair expenses accumulate significantly, it necessitates a comprehensive evaluation of whether these costs are approaching or surpassing the investment required for a new furnace.
- Escalations in electricity consumption expenditures: Monitoring increases in electricity consumption is essential in gauging the efficiency of your existing furnace. A rising energy bill may indicate that your current furnace is operating inefficiently and consuming excessive electricity, prompting consideration of a more energy-efficient replacement.
- The frequency of recent repairs: The frequency of recent repairs underscores the reliability and condition of your current furnace. If you find yourself frequently scheduling repair services, it raises concerns about the ongoing expenses and reliability of your heating system, prompting a contemplation of the long-term cost-effectiveness of a replacement.
Furnace units that receive routine maintenance exhibit commendable longevity, often exceeding the 15-year mark. In contrast, a furnace devoid of upkeep may endure for approximately 10 years. The manifestation of issues such as a malfunctioning flame sensor or filter anomalies signifies a lamentable juncture, necessitating the acquisition of new equipment for sustaining adequate indoor warmth. Should the residence fall victim to icy conditions, the prudent course of action may involve summoning a technician for a furnace ignitor replacement.
With the passage of time, older furnaces endure declining heat distribution efficacy, signaling the need for a transition to modern heating systems. A diverse array of furnace options is available, though oil and gas furnaces claim preeminence as the favored choices among homeowners.
The Cost of Furnace Replacement
Does the installation process entail fixed costs or is it variable? How are the expenses calculated in the context of furnace replacement? We humbly propose an exploration of the factors that influence the pricing structure:
- The type of equipment selected (gas, oil, electric).
- The dimensions of the furnace.
- The chosen brand.
- The level of energy efficiency.
- Supplementary considerations, such as the installation of a gas pipeline.
- Potential requirements for ventilation repair or replacement.
Each of these variables contributes to the overall cost of furnace replacement. One should refrain from hastily concluding that this process is prohibitively expensive, for nuanced contemplation reveals cost-effective avenues. For instance, an electric furnace installation proves more economical than its gas counterpart, though the latter entails lower operational costs. This judicious investment, in turn, promises tangible financial savings.
So, what is the fiscal commitment associated with an electric furnace? Allow us to elucidate. Prices for electric furnace installations range between $3,000 and $7,000, encompassing the provision of installation services and potential supplementary expenses, including enhancements to indoor air quality and ductwork restoration.
Where We Provide Furnace Replacement Services in Illinois
Our company stands as a preeminent organization renowned for its excellence in equipment installation services. Our team of technicians has garnered accolades and enjoys widespread acclaim in various municipalities, including Chicago, Northbrook, Lemont, Willowbrook, Oak Park, Wheaton, and Glen Ellyn. Hot Cold Air has swiftly cultivated a sterling reputation and earned the esteemed commendations of clientele from its inception.
The installation of a high-caliber furnace assumes paramount significance for every homeowner blessed with an expansive abode, affording resplendent family evenings and tranquil respites, complete with steaming cups of tea and captivating literature. We invite you to peruse the comprehensive details of our service offerings on our website or to avail yourself of further insights by reaching out to our dedicated team of professionals.